|Make a Donation :: Step One|
Thank you for considering making a donation to become a Friend of the Hurtwood. By becoming a Friend you will help ensure public access to this much prized woodland is secure for the foreseeable future. The Friends of the Hurtwood spend close to £80,000 per year keeping the Hurtwood open and welcoming, including:
· The provision of a full time Ranger.
· The management of 30 miles of registered footpaths and bridleways and a further 30 miles of unofficial tracks, which together with a network of firebreaks and 14 car parks, provide unrivalled access to the Hurtwood.
· The creation and preservation of wildlife habitats, and other conservation projects.
· Maintaining the panoramic views from the Hurtwood hills.
· The clearance and prevention of litter and fly tipping.
· Protecting three scheduled monuments including the Holmbury Hill Iron Age Hill Fort.
· Events and educational activities to encourage children to treasure the Countryside.
· The protection and conservation of the natural environment of the Hurtwood, so that everyone can continue to enjoy the freedom & beauty it provides.
There are 4 levels of membership available:
All donors can attend the Annual Meeting and have a Friends of the Hurtwood car sticker. Gold and Silver members receive special recognition in the Friends Annual Report and free entry to all Friends events. Bronze and Annual donors receive recognition in the Friends Annual Report and discounted entry to all Friends events.